Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Not Your Mama's Broadway- Wrap up

Had a great time working with Paul and everyone. Made new friends in this biz and new friends for life. We worked a few hours a day for about 5 weeks and pulled off a great show at Oil Can Harry's on Ventura Blvd between Studio City and Universal City. I don't know if I will be involved in the next production since I never know what the future will hold. I will say that if I'm involved I would like to produce. We had a ton of missing links and simple details that would have made the run go much more smoothly without as much stress as it brought... well to me at least I cannot speak for everyone else. I did pick up the reins near the end and wore more hats then I think I should have. So I did bring the stress onto myself but if I didn't the show would have looked completely different and in my opinion... annoying. I do have to say that it is great to live in LA. The talented people here that just have the need and desire to perform is amazing. Love working with people that just want to do what they do best and enjoy every minute of it. I even love watching them put on their make-up. The enjoyment they get from just preparing to get onstage is endearing and inspiring. Now it's back to the desk job and soon a night job to try to get a bit ahead in the money department. No money Mo Problems!

No comments: